Selecting a Learning Management System (LMS)
This recorded series, intended for administrators and district leaders, provides an overview of each LMS system’s basic components as well as administrative, teacher and student interfaces. The first session gives you an overview of considerations and philosophy for remote learning as well as the top 5 learning management systems in use in Washington State. Then you can choose to view one or several sessions to give you a more in-depth overview of any LMS you’re interested in considering for your district.
Session 1: Learning Management Systems (LMS) Overview
This class provides an overview of each LMS system’s basic components as well as administrative, teacher and student interfaces.
- Better understand the philosophy behind remote learning
- Get an overview of the top 5 platforms
- Understand LMS features helpful for LMS selection
- Learn who should be on your LMS decision-making team
Session 2: Choosing the Right LMS for Your District
Learn the basics of each LMS to help you make the right decision for you district/building. Understand how each LMS might fit with other “Core 4” technologies, along with other key aspects of each LMS that may influence your decision making process.
- Understand specific user interfaces: teacher, student/parent
- Learn the pros and cons of each system
- Know how the LMS integrates with other classroom technology
After session 1, you may view any LMS-specific session as follows:
Coaches & Experts from 9 ESDs
School districts, tribal education compact schools, and public charters involved
Regional Educator Network Members
Get In Touch
Direct any questions to the regional contact located at your region's Educational Service District.