Regional Educator Network
The Regional Educator Network is a statewide effort to provide peer-to-peer mentorship and support among education practitioners, build capacity across the state, and provide access to a community of learners for all educators.
To increase educational technology leadership to support instruction using high-leverage teaching practices for all learning environments (online, hybrid and in-person) across Washington schools.
Who can join?
Anyone working in education can engage in a Regional Network regardless of technical skill or level. Participation does not require school district approval, as it does not conflict with traditional contract hours.
- Engage in virtual learning community cohorts organized around the five learning management systems (LMS) (February -June 2021)
- Stay connected at the local, regional, and state-level with the education community to support LMS learning and implementation active network participation
- Increase confidence with LMS and educational technology tools for quality instruction aligned to ITSE Educator standards and/or State TPEP Criterion
- Access customized, regionally-based support for learning and utilizing LMS platforms with the ability to earn up to 24 clock hours (including up to 15 STEM clock hours depending on learning pathways selected)
- Have the opportunity to obtain certification in LMS platform(s) or aligned product(s)
- Support fellow educators in continuous learning statewide through multiple leadership opportunities
- Curate and access a library of educational technology resources
Next LIVE Session – May 12th: 4-6pm
This month’s theme is the “Learning Environments”. In addition to the featured speaker, there will also be breakout sessions and time for regional and role-alike networking.
It isn’t too late to join!
Meet the Featured Speaker
Kindergarten Teacher at Ella Baker Elementary, Lake Washington School District
“My name is Garett Talcott and I teach kindergarten at Ella Baker Elementary. This is my 9th year teaching and I’ve taught preschool, kindergarten, 4th grade, middle school, and high school special education. Kindergarten is my passion as I love welcoming students into school and inspiring them to be lifelong learners. I currently am still teaching remotely and have 28 amazing students. Every day I wake up for them and make sure they have the best day ever! The secret to remote or in-person learning is student engagement and having fun! This year has been a challenge for everyone and has really stretched all education staff to grow in so many ways that we didn’t even know was possible! This year I’ve realized the world is our classroom! So get out there and try something new and crazy and have fun doing so!”
Coaches & Experts from 9 ESDs
School districts, tribal education compact schools, and public charters involved
Regional Educator Network Members
Sign up for our email list and we'll send you updates on the latest classes and resources available.